The Armidale Diocesan Swimming Selection Trials will be held at Moree on Thursday 8th March 2018. Due to the lack of a suitable swimming pool the St Mary’s College Swimming Carnival will not be held prior to the Dio Swimming selections. Any student wishing to attend the Dio Swimming selections need to read the information below and provide Mr Kennedy with the required information by the start of Week 4 [9am Monday 19th February].
- Students attending the swimming selections need to make their own arrangements to get to Moree – there is no bus provided. Remember this is a selection trial for the Dio Swimming team to compete at the NSWCCC Swimming Championships at SIAC Homebush on Friday 6th April 2018. Travel and accommodation arrangements for NSWCCC Swimming are the responsibility of parents/guardians.
- Age Champions are awarded based on the results of the age races – 50m Freestyle, 50m Butterfly, 50m Breaststroke, 50m Backstroke, 100m Freestyle.
- There are also divisional races – Junior [12, 13, 14 years], Intermediate [15, 16 years] and Senior [17+ years] for 100m Butterfly, 100m Breaststroke, 100m Backstroke, 200m Freestyle, 200m individual Medley.
- Nominations for 400m Freestyle are also invited although the event is not swum on the day [fastest time nominated will compete at NSWCCC].
- The winner of each event will be eligible to compete at NSWCCC Swimming plus the 2nd place swimmer in the 50m Freestyle events.
- Schools invited to attend are McCarthy College Tamworth, O’Connor College Armidale, Holy Trinity Inverell, St Philomena’s Moree along with St Mary’s College Gunnedah.
If you wish to nominate for an event the following information is required:
- Date of birth
- Events you wish to nominate for including a recent time [last 4 months] for each event [if available otherwise put N/T for no time].
This information can be either written on paper and handed in at the Office or to Mr Kennedy or it can be emailed to Mr Kennedy email@example.com
All enquiries should be directed to Mr Kennedy.
Nominations close the start of Week 4 [9am Monday 19th February].
All this information above can be found at this link –